Proper drainage in the landscape is just as important as proper irrigation. Excess water in the landscape can lead to some common issues. Improper drainage behind retaining walls can weaken the integrity of the wall and lead to catastrophic failure. Many drainage issues have simple solutions.
Signs of Common Landscape Drainage Problems:
Excessive water not only affects your landscapes but it can also cause issues in and around your home or business, such as:
- Mildew/Mold in Crawlspaces and Basements
- Settling Foundations
- Loss of Plant Material
- Insect Problems
- Mechanical Damage from Mowing Equipment/Footprints
- Soil Compaction
- Standing Water or Puddles
- Yellow Grass or Plants that Wilt or Appear Unhealthy
Simple Solutions to Your Drainage Problems:
- French Drains - A French drain is a trench filled with gravel or rock that redirects surface water and groundwater away from an area.
- Catch Basins - Catch basins are designed to drain excess rain and ground water from lawns and gutters.
- Gutter Down Spout Piping - Water collected by a rain gutter is fed usually with a downspout or downpipe from the roof to the base of the structure where it is directed away from the home or building.
- Sump Pump Installation - Sump pumps remove water that has accumulated in a basin, commonly found in the basement of homes. However, wherever there is puddling water, a sump pump can redirect water away from problem areas.
Give us a call today at (919) 779-9285.
Rainy Days Irrigation, Inc. | 115 Sigma Dr. | Garner, NC | (919) 779-9285
Irrigation | Drainage | Backflow | Landscape Lighting